Friday, July 27, 2007

Overwhelmed! - Need To Trust God in Big Things and Small Things


"Overwhelmed" is a feeling I get when I have too much to do with so little time. It's a feeling of being out of control and disorganized. It's an anxious feeling that usually results in worry, sleeplessness and sometimes hyperventilating...

"Trust", I believe, is the exact opposite. When I trust, there is peace and confidence. Yes, there's still so much to do with so little time, but "in trusting God", the control is not in my hands but His.

Let's see... I have several concerns that I would like to lay before God .. for Him to guide me and to take control ... so that I won't feel overwhelmed. Here are some of them:

1) Back to School - Today I already have two scheduled meeting regarding G. One is the 3 year evaluation and the other one is the IEP (Individual Educational Plan). 4th grade is way harder for a "gifted-dyslexic" child, and I know we're looking forward to a roller coaster ride.... I'd probably post more about this later.

2) Guests coming - I know everyone would say "don't worry about it" but I do worry. Again, it's not like I don't want people coming and staying in our house - I just want them to be really comfortable when they are here. I tend to stress about the cleaning out part and the planning of what food to serve them. Our guests comes on Aug 2 and I think they are staying for 10 days.

3. Blogtopsite - I think I've really blew it when I deleted that HTML code. Blogflux people are not answering my e-mail inquiries (lots of them) so I don't think I'd get another code. I'm a little bummed. God reminded me that this blog is His, not mine. I started blogging to vent my frustrations and God met me where I was. Then I got hooked into this. Interestingly, my blog does not ping Technorati either. Same thing, I initially deleted their code and when I placed it back it wouldn't work. It's really God who lead people to this blog, and it's God who will continue to do so, so I should not worry. I should just blog away and let God do the rest, whatever it is, for His Glory! (why am I worried about blog traffic anyway? I should trust that "of I blog "it, they will come :)

4. My Mom - I am taking this as a day to day situation. Today she asked me for a cell phone. I better see what's a good offer out there. She's doing fine health wise and seems to be happy again. Memory is still poor but not too bad (but then again sometimes I think I'm just in denial regarding my mom's deteriorating memory issues)

My son is calling me to read the latest Hank Zipzer so I need to log off for now... More later.....

UPDATE 7/28/07 : When I woke up this morning, God reminded me of this verse:

Trust in the Lord with all your hearts
and lean not unto your own understanding
In all your ways acknowledge him
and he shall direct your path
Proverbs 3:5

3 comments:

Andrea Frazer said...

When I'm overwhelmed I try to remember that the only thing perfect is God. We don't need to perform magic - simply do our best.

mommy3 said...

Hi Liza! Thinking of you and hoping you're feeling closer to "trust" and further from "overwhelmed". From reading your concerns, we tend to worry about similar things! (#2 is a big one for me.) The verse I try to focus on is “Be still, and know that I am God” (Ps 46:10). I sometimes have to repeat it over and over lol.

Anonymous said...

Just saw what you wrote and thought you might like this song! Check it out at http://www.famecast.com/contest/stage_top10.php?stage_id=47&round_id=222&artist_id=1648