Tuesday, January 1, 2008

A Bowl of Sugarry Congratulations to BooMama

And so I came home from our friends house, went back to the house to blog my lamentations on the Sugar Bowl. You see, we were all so excited about this game. This is UH's first Sugar Bowl... first time ever... and we were hoping to win.

But a score of 4 for UH vs. 23 for Georgia (or was it 3 vs. 24) is was not very promising - I so told my friends I need to take bloggy break and post about.. well.. I don't know, just post about something...

I got distracted when I came home (we don't have TV connection at home that's why we were watching it at a friend's house), and didn't get to post until now. I think the game is over, and since I didn't hear a lot of cheering in the neighborhood, I am guessing that the miracle we were hoping for didn't happen. No great come back, no exciting tie in the end....
Anyway, I think UH being on that Sugar Bowl is a wonderful accomplishment, so may they never be discouraged but may this motivate them to be at it again next year...

Now here's the fun part. While watching the game and getting a little discouraged, my eyes landed on the coach of the BullDogs. I looked at my hubby with a "Am I seeing who I think was seeing" and he smiled and gave me the look "Yes". Oh my word! That was the guest coach on the movie "Facing The Giants". Oh my - he's a Christian and I like him! So, losing from his team wasn't so so painful as it would have been. By the way, I confess, I am clueless when it comes to football, this post makes it so obvious ;)

And so CONGRATULATIONS BOOMAMA - I'm sending my warm sugarry aloha to you :)

Liza

1 comment:

AnnieBlogs said...

Liza, I saw your comment on BooMama's blog and had to read your's! I'm a Georgia fan- you would TOTALLY love our coach Mark Richt. I was a student when he came to town and he spoke at EVERY campus ministry asking the students to pray for him, his family, and the team members BY NAME. When he spoke to us, he even stood in the front, had our pastor lay his hands on him, and have us all pray over him right then. It was unreal.

Great game tonight. Congrats to UH for making it to the Sugar Bowl. It was really fun to watch how dedicated your boys were and how much fun they were having!!