Monday, April 23, 2007

Mental Health Day

I am thinking of taking a day off from work. Reason? Mental health. Shhhh...don't tell my husband I am taking a day off from work. I just need sometime for myself. I just need to de-stress. Maybe I'd take that "day off" on Wednesday because I really need to be in the office today and tomorrow. I hope Wednesday is not too late. Maybe I should do it on Tuesday. But I really can't do it today.

It's 4:30 AM now. I woke up at 3:00 AM and can't go back to sleep. I'm gonna be one tired sleepy working mom today. It's like having an infant who wouldn't sleep through the night - I'm sleep deprived. And you know how a sleep deprived person can be sometimes. Yes, cranky!

I must admit, I am using my blog as an escape and de-stress chamber. I am spending way too much time blogging and reading blogs. Blog hopping and reading other peoples' blog is my meager attempt to put my thoughts in perspective. For example, when I am feeling overwhelmed with my domestic insecurities, I go to Heather's blog, read her posts about her brain tumor, and then I would tell myself that my problems about laundry not being folded is so minini compared to her - therefore I should stop feeling sorry for myself. Aside from balancing my perspective, there are many other benefits I get from reading other people's blogs. I want to list them here but I am feeling sleepy so I'll try to go back to get and get an hours worth of sleep....

Before I sleep, I want to share this website and blog I found for Christian Working Women. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

im sori you woke up so early
hope you can get to bed early tonight and catch up

Wendy said...

I need to have a menal health day! I am feeling so blah. It is almost 1 a.m. and I got up and came to your blog to listen to "Wrod of God Speak". Love that song. It hits me so....

sheilamarie said...

hope u get your well deserved break/1 day vacation, liza =) am praying for u