Friday, January 4, 2008

Father's Eyes - Amy Grant

This is my Blog's Theme Song:

FATHER'S EYES

I may not be every mother's dream for her little girl.
And my face may not grace the mind of everyone in the world.
But that's all right as long as I can have one wish I pray.
When people look inside my life, I want to hear them say.

CHORUS:
She has her Father's eyes, her Father's eyes
Eyes that find the good in things, when good is not around.
Eyes that find the source of help, when help just can't be found.
Eyes full of compassion, seeing every pain.
Knowin' what you're going through, and feeling it the same.
Just like my Father's eyes, my Father's eyes,
my Father's eyes
Just like my Father's eyes.

And on that day when we will pay for
all the deeds we have done,
Good and bad they'll all be had to see by everyone
And when you're called to stand and
tell just what you saw in me,
More than anything I know, I want your words to be

REPEAT CHORUS

3 comments:

Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

I LOVE Amy Grant

Jen

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

Love her, too!

I saw her in concert WAY back in the day (1980s).

Anonymous said...

I remember seeing her live, too (waaaaaay back when :) Such a great song...brings back so many memories. "Father's Eyes" reminds me of another song: It's by Phillips, Craig and Dean: "He Wants to be Just Like Me. so I Want to be Just Like You." -Todd