Tuesday, April 24, 2007

A Faint Rainbow

Like what I said in my previous post, Monday was a good day. It's that period of Sunday afternoon, Sunday night and early Monday morning that seems to be the hardest for me. Maybe it's the anticipation of another week, when I already felt behind in my previous week that makes me really stressed out around that time.

Yesterday afternoon as I was getting ready to go home and I was locking up the gate to our office, I looked up the sky and saw a faint rainbow. As I stared upon it, I was reminded of God's promises to us. Sometimes, it the midst of trouble and stressful life, we lose sight of this rainbow. But the truth is, it's there. Sometimes it's so faint we can't see it. But it's there.

Yesterday at dawn, after I posted my "mental health day" post, I actually went back to sleep. I was able to get another 2 hours of sleep before I got up 6:30 am to get ready for work. That additional 2 hours of sleep did wonders. My body needed that. My roller coaster week were like that of prophet Elijah on I Kings 19 - there were really some high highs and some low lows that it just made me tired...and God wanted me to rest.

And so here I am on Tuesday morning with a renewed disposition. I hope you all have a good today today. And if the day does not turn as you would want it to be, remember that a faint rainbow is still a rainbow, and God's promises stand no matter how you feel.

6 comments:

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

Hang in there Liza!

Sunday night and Mondays are very tough for me too. Without fail, I sleep horribly on Sundays. I often wonder if I didn't work outside the home if it would be so bad, but then I tend to internalize things and be a control freak about EVERYTHING so I am just trying to find peace and balance. It's out there! I admire the moms who seem to have it all together. I'm working on it. ;)

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

what a beauitful photo
God is always there and I pray that whenever you are down you may remember that God has His loving arms around you holding you close to Him

Gretchen said...

Hi Liza,

A couple of things which have helped me: Planning menus on Sunday right on my calendar. Also, taking a few minutes (early) to plan the week, either before church on Sunday, or before the house is up on Monday. I certainly don't do these things as often as I'd like; I'm not as organized as I'd like. However, the more time I put into planning my week ahead of time, the more time I have for devotions, calls to friends, blogging, and whatever else would be cast aside in a busy day. Blessings! Loved your pics.

Gretchen said...

Hi Liza. Something I did erased my comment. But, oh well. A couple of things that help me are planning menus ahead (on Sunday), right on my calendar. This helps the grocery list and the age old question of "what's for dinner??!!". Also, I try to take some time on Sunday or veeeeryy early Monday to plan out the week. List permission slip due dates, activities, social events, when to mail cards/presents, etc. I am not always good at doing this, but I find when I am, I have time for phone calls, devotionals, blogging--all things that take a back seat if I'm busy running around like a chicken with her head cut off. I realize that I'm a SAHM, so our lives are different. However, I volunteer a ton and somehow fill my days, so I know how that lack of balance can get to you. Blessings.

A Dusty Frame said...

Beautiful photo!
Thanks for sharing.
(And for all your encouragement to me!)

((Hugs))

Lizzie

Joyful Days said...

Beautiful post. You've been in my prayers.