Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Random Thoughts and Reading the Bible

3:33 - that's the time I woke up this morning
4:15 - that's the time I got out of bed
9:30 - that's the time I went to bed last night
6 hours of sleep. I don't think this is enough but my eyes just blinks open and my mind won't go back to sleep. I tried - see, I stayed in bed til 4:15 hoping I'd doze back to sleep, but I couldn't. Oh well, I heard Einstein (or Edison) only sleeps for 4 hours. I don't remember where I read that, but maybe some people just don't need much sleep. But then again, I know I am not one of "those" people because I used to have an 8 hour sleep at night and I know that's how much hours of sleep I need. Well, since I am awake, might as well stop talking about sleep and move on...

Reading the Bible. I have decided to stop reading some of the books that I am randomly reading and focus on reading the Bible. I have not read the Bible like I used to and I know that's not good. Last night I read through I and II Timothy and thought - wow, it's been ages since I read these epistles. Truly, I think God is reminding me to go back to the basics. Yesterday I posted a devotion about "Simplicity in Christ" and I feel that's what God is speaking to me these days. In order for me to be freed from anxieties, I need to be "simple in Christ".

Funny, I thought I have a lot of random thoughts I can dump in here. Yet after that thought on reading the Bible, I couldn't think of any other random stuff to talk about. Oh I have tons of topics I want to share my thoughts about, but each of those is a post of it's own. I guess I'm closing this post for now and will start a new one later. The Bible in front of me is "calling me". I'm off to more Bible reading and drinking my morning coffee. Aloha!

2 comments:

Mayogi said...

Just dropping by to say "hi!". *lol* I'm in a hurry now but I'll come back soon and really take my time to read through your blog.

God bless!
Mayogi at MOG

Anonymous said...

I have been waking up at 5amish for about 2 weeks now :(
I too only got 6 hours sleep last night
apparently as you ge older you dont need as much sleep either

good on you for reading the Word

I need to somehow get more sleep too